Daily Wisdom

April 10, 2010

Five Years Old


It's hard to believe, but "View From Above" is 5 years old today. Whew, what a ride! It's been a strange journey to say the least. In my mind, this blog has gone through a number of phases. Briefly...

Following in the footsteps of my hero -- Scott Ott -- it started out mostly as satire. I soon realized however, that satire is REALLY hard, and frankly, I'm not that good at it. It went through an advocacy phase, where I pushed causes and petitions. And following the success of my "Top Ten Looney Liberal Idiots" article, it went through the "Looney Liberal of the Week" phase.

It went through a Photoshop phase, where I played with pics a lot. It went through a 'weighty' phase, where I tried to write more intellectual pieces (but I'm not too good at that either). After writing an article called "The Fallacy of 'Climate Change'", it went through the "Global Warming News" phase. Lately, I've been into the video-making phase.

The blog has seen its ups and downs in readership. It's been fairly steady for the last year as seen in the following chart...


I want to thank all of my constant "Viewers", and especially those who leave comments. I know there are more "Viewers" than "Commenters", and that's OK. It takes a little extra time and effort to go through the process of composing a comment, and there is so much to see on the Internet... and so little time.

Special thanks to my extended ScrappleFamily, whom I regularly pester with e-mails about articles and videos. Thanks for putting up with me.

--Mr. Eye, Proprietor

10 Comments:

At 4/10/2010 1:00 PM , Blogger camojack said...

Happy "blogoversary".

I guess that means that my blog has been going for over 5 years, then... ;-)

 
At 4/10/2010 1:58 PM , Blogger Hawkeye® said...

Camo,
Yep! You still got me beat. I will never be able to say I started my blog before you started yours.

BTW, seeing your blog was part of the inspiration to start mine. I said to myself: "If Camo can do it, then anybody can do it!" Hahahaha! (Just kidding about that last part).

(:D) Best regards...

 
At 4/10/2010 9:04 PM , Blogger Barbara said...

The consistant thread that runs through this blog of yours,"View From Above"is one can count on the truth. I know if I read it here ,I can bet money on it being right ...and Right!

 
At 4/11/2010 6:37 AM , Blogger Beerme said...

Congrats on the five year anniversary!
I thoroughly enjoy your blog posts and look forward to those "pestering" emails!

 
At 4/11/2010 6:57 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats, Hawkeye.

Maybe you can start a phase called, "Alfred E. Newman Meets Obama's World: A Parallel Universe to Bizarro World."

Hankmeister

 
At 4/11/2010 11:01 AM , Blogger Hawkeye® said...

Barb,
Thanks! I appreciate it.

(:D) Best regards...

 
At 4/11/2010 11:01 AM , Blogger Hawkeye® said...

Beerme,
Time flies when you're having fun.

(:D) Best regards...

 
At 4/11/2010 11:02 AM , Blogger Hawkeye® said...

Hank,
You are too funny!

(:D) Best regards...

 
At 4/11/2010 1:32 PM , Blogger Just call me Shelly said...

for someone who is about almost ready to celebrate her *2nd birthday, that is scary. Oh to be *7 again.

Oh heck, I might as well be honest, I am as old as dirt, Israeli dirt that is. Well, new Israeli dirt.

Oh forget it. Congratulations!

 
At 4/11/2010 2:15 PM , Blogger Hawkeye® said...

Shelly,
Thanks! And I know what you mean about that time thing. It keeps creepin' along... and creepin' me out.

(:D) Best regards...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home