Daily Wisdom

April 15, 2009

Hawkeye: Right-Wing Extremist

Well, the news is out and I'm not afraid to admit it... I am a "Right-Wing Extremist" (RWE). Don't believe me? Just ask Homeland Security chief and former Arizona Governor Janet Napolitano. Her agency, the Department of Homeland Security, is warning law enforcement officials about a rise in "rightwing extremist activity", in a report entitled: "Right-wing Extremism: Current Economic and Political Climate Fueling Resurgence in Radicalization and Recruitment." To see the full report in PDF format, go HERE.

A footnote attached to the report defines "rightwing extremism in the United States" as including not just racist or hate groups, but also groups that reject federal authority in favor of state or local authority. "It may include groups and individuals that are dedicated to a single-issue, such as opposition to abortion or immigration," the warning says.

According to that definition, I am a "Right-Wing Extremist" along with many others. Because I now or have in the past supported single-issue groups which oppose abortion and immigration, I am a RWE. Because I oppose the authority of the federal government in areas where it does not belong, I am a RWE. Because I believe in states' rights, I am a RWE.

But I am not ashamed of being called a "Right-Wing Extremist". According to the definition in the DHS report, I find myself in good company. By that definition, Ronald Reagan would be considered a RWE. So would most of our Founding Fathers. Thanks for the compliment Janet.


Right Wing Extremists


9 Comments:

At 4/15/2009 10:24 PM , Blogger Jenn said...

I'm a RWE too, and was surround of thousands more at the Sacramento tea party today!

 
At 4/15/2009 10:24 PM , Blogger Jenn said...

Errr...that would be surrounded. :)

 
At 4/15/2009 10:31 PM , Blogger Hawkeye® said...

Jenn,
GREAT! Always good to be surrounded by RWEs!

(:D) Best regards...

 
At 4/16/2009 10:05 AM , Blogger Just call me Shelly said...

I am ashamed of myself for not making it to Canton for the nearest Tea Party. I had my reasons, but not due to indifference.

I hope to put my feelings on the 9/11 blog. If it happens again, and I am sure it will, my crappy body will get there.

 
At 4/16/2009 11:11 AM , Blogger Hawkeye® said...

Ms RW,
Understood. God Bless you dear lady. Prayers goin' up for health.

(:D) Best regards...

 
At 4/16/2009 12:06 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I to am an RWE and "God Bless America!"

Everyone I know is an RWE. It's the LWE's that are the Dangerous ones.But not to worry, God has other Plans for OUR Country.
Last night at the Tea Party, someonee mentioned that they put
Biden in as VP because he is unelectible.So if something happens to Obammy you can guess it will get worse. Pray for the Prez's safety.
angus the scot
nicky j.

 
At 4/16/2009 6:55 PM , Blogger camojack said...

Well, you're in good company, then.

 
At 4/16/2009 10:41 PM , Blogger Hawkeye® said...

Nick (aka Angus),

Good man! We RWE's gotta stick together. No LWE's allowed.

(:D) Best regards...

 
At 4/16/2009 10:42 PM , Blogger Hawkeye® said...

Camo,
So are YOU, my friend.

(:D) Best regards...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home