Daily Wisdom

August 05, 2006

Honor A Victim of 9/11


For those of you who have a blog, please consider joining the 2,996 Project. You can help honor the victims of 9/11, one victim at a time. I've already signed up. Look for my tribute to Neil G. Shastri this September 11th... the fifth anniversary of 9/11.

The 2,996 Project

The idea is simple, but powerful: have a special tribute for each victim of 9/11, with each tribute being created by a different blogger. We started 2,996 Project to coordinate the creation of the tributes, and that's what this site is all about. Here you can sign up to make a tribute yourself, on your blog (we'll randomly assign a victim to you). You can also browse or search through either the victims that have already been assigned, or those that have not -- and you can get pointers to more information on all of them.

To join the project, click HERE, or cut and paste the following address into your browser -- http://www.jamulian.com/db911/

Thanks for your consideration, and thanks for Viewing.

7 Comments:

At 8/05/2006 8:31 AM , Blogger MargeinMI said...

What a great idea! I look forward to reading each entry.

Never Forget.

 
At 8/05/2006 11:16 PM , Blogger camojack said...

I first saw that HERE; I told him I'm thinking about it...I guess I should just do it.

 
At 8/06/2006 6:56 AM , Blogger MargeinMI said...

camojack,

With the WorldWide readership you have, I think you're obligated! ;>)

 
At 8/06/2006 2:53 PM , Blogger camojack said...

MargeinMI:
Yeah, I guess you're right...I'll do it.

 
At 8/06/2006 7:50 PM , Blogger Hawkeye® said...

Marge & Camo,
Thanks for stopping by. Looks like everyone else is on vacation.

 
At 8/06/2006 11:16 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great idea indeed. Thanks!

 
At 8/07/2006 8:18 AM , Blogger boberin said...

I'm here, just slow. Don't have a blog but look forward to reading tributes from those that do!
A fine idea indeed!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home