Daily Wisdom

August 10, 2006

The Cow is Dead. Long Live the Cow!


Two of my most favorite parody sites have now gone defunct. First it was "PoopyCaca.com", and now it's "Sacred Cow Burgers". BUMMER!! What's a humor-hungry brat like me to do now? Oh well... I guess it was good while it lasted. Like they say... "Nothing is constant except change". Sheesh!

Here are Jay D. Dyson's parting comments for those of you who may have missed it...

Hello folks,

Sorry that this message isn’t a notification of a new parody, but I figure this is a necessary note to send. The long and short of it is this: after three years as Butcher of Sacred Cow Burgers, I have decided to hang up my cleaver. I figured I should let you all know why.

Foremost in the making of this decision is a very happy turn of events: I am going to be a father. My wife informed me of this miraculous news just days before Father’s Day of this year.

The responsibility of becoming a parent is not one I take lightly. In short, my waking hours are now wholly dedicated to my family in every way. Doing political parodies for Sacred Cow Burgers has been a fun hobby, but it takes up far too much of my free time and has never been intended as a source of income. Thus, I’m hanging up my cleaver and putting away the butcher’s block.

I want to thank you all for your interest in my work and especially for the outpouring of support that so many of you gave during my bout with cancer and other health issues in the past two years. I am happy to say that, thanks to your prayers, my health has vastly improved over the past six months. I now work out seven times a week and feel stronger than I have in many years past. My lungs are clear, my heart is strong, my mind is sharp, and my eyes are...well, three outta four ain’t bad.

In closing, I send my best wishes to all of you. I’ve enjoyed making parodies for you folks, and appreciated your input and support over the years. I’ve had a good run as your Butcher, but now it’s time for me to be a full-time family man. Thank you all and God bless.

Sincerely,

Jay D. Dyson
August 2, 2006

God Bless YOU Jay Dyson! And thanks for your service. We had a good laugh with every edition. I only wish I had HALF your talent... (OK, maybe a tenth?)

8 Comments:

At 8/10/2006 9:51 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, with all the fake photoshop photos being put together by the enemy I hate to lose a friend who is good at fixing the photos.

I'm not quite sure but it seems like folks with health issues sure like to blog. Good medicine I reckon.

It was Jessica's Well out of Midland, Tx that first turned me on to bloging and that is how I found Scrapple may years ago. They quit for a long time and now just a little trickle comes from his blog

 
At 8/10/2006 10:00 PM , Blogger Hawkeye® said...

Ms RW,
I know what you mean. It's kinda like losing an old friend. Even though we never met him, Jay Dyson was one of us. We could really connect with his work.

 
At 8/10/2006 10:29 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm going to send him an email and ask him to let us all know when that wonderful baby is born,with all the details. That will be like a thousand sets of Aunts and Uncles and Grandparents . So I hope he keeps his list.
I know all of us will keep Jay and his family in our prayers. May God bless them,always.

 
At 8/11/2006 4:00 AM , Blogger camojack said...

I did email Jay Dyson (we've corresponded previously) but still no response. I was actually thinking about doing the same thing he's quitting; I'm still just thinking about it, though...

 
At 8/11/2006 8:01 AM , Blogger boberin said...

I hate it when life get in the way of computer time.
Ah, not really but he did have some funny stuff over there

 
At 8/11/2006 8:14 AM , Blogger MargeinMI said...

God Bless him and his devotion to fatherhood and family.

Bloggers come and go, have peaks and lows, but there's always something new. Ain't the net great?!?!?

I was sincerely bummed and lost when Stephen denBeste stopped blogging politics, etc. He was wordy, but a very prolific writer.

I've been trying to recall a blog I used to visit, but lost track of (due to CRS). He was a Texas preacher of a small church, known to wear denim preacher shirts. Anyone?

 
At 8/12/2006 3:11 PM , Blogger RAM said...

While I am sorry to see SCBs go, I am also sorry my fantasy about your title, ("the cow is dead"), had NOTHING to do with Nan Pelosi, Hillary, or Helen Thomas!

 
At 8/12/2006 3:29 PM , Blogger Hawkeye® said...

Prettyold,
If you hear anything, keep us posted.

Camo,
Hmmmm. Now that would be interesting! I thought about it a few times myself, but don't quite think I have the talent.

Boberin,
I too hate it when life gets in the way of computer time. In fact, that full-time job I have is REALLY starting to eat into my blog time! Oh well. Gotta put food on the table as they say...

Marge,
Don't know the preacher you're referring to, but yeah... ain't the net great?!

Maggie,
Sorry about those "durned" pop-up ads over at my new website. I sent you an e-mail with a couple possible solutions.

RAM,
ROFLMAO. Thanks for that comment. Brightened up my whole day! Still snickerin'

(:D) Regards all....

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home