Daily Wisdom

April 16, 2006

Looney Liberal of the Week: Hillary Clinton


NEW YORK, NY -- And now ladies and gentlemen... back by popular demand... the Looney Liberal of the Week! (Drum roll please)...

And this week's award goes to Hillary Clinton. This LL is the presumptive Democratic candidate for the Presidency in 2008 and she is starting out her campaign by doing exactly what John F. Kerry, her predecessor in 2004, did so well to help him lose the election... flip-flop! A year ago Hillary was claiming that she was to the right of George W. Bush by taking a harder line on illegal immigration than he was. In the last few weeks, her true colors have come out when she jumped in front of the cameras to say how mean those right-wing Bush fanatics really are! This week, she jumped out in front of demonstrating illegals in New York City to say how noble breaking the law can really be. Keep up the good work Hillaryous! A few more flip-flops and you're well on your way to defeat.

11 Comments:

At 4/17/2006 1:32 AM , Blogger radar said...

O if only the MSM would report it that way.....

 
At 4/17/2006 8:10 AM , Blogger Hawkeye® said...

OLA,
Will keep my Hawk eye on it!

Kajun,
Kajun1, Kajun2, Kajun3 and Kajun4... sounds like a multiple personality thingie...

Radar,
If only...

 
At 4/17/2006 8:24 AM , Blogger camojack said...

Actually, although i did look, I never found your poll...but I'd already voted in a previous thread.

 
At 4/17/2006 8:29 AM , Blogger camojack said...

Now, as for your post, unfortunately a lot of women will vote for her because of her gender.

While I'd have no philosophical problem voting for a woman, provided she was a qualified and suitable candidate, I could NEVER vote for that one.

Besides, why break my perfect record of voting against Clintons now?!

 
At 4/17/2006 11:27 AM , Blogger Hawkeye® said...

Camo,
No arguments here. I'm with ya 100%.

 
At 4/17/2006 11:29 AM , Blogger Hawkeye® said...

Camo,
BTW, I don't know why you couldn't find the poll... It was in the right hand column.

 
At 4/17/2006 12:05 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, FWIW, some of us liberals detest Hillary, too. I'm a believer in the Biblical dictum that one should be hot or cold, but the tepid get spat out. Conservative? Great. Liberal? More to my liking. A constructive tension between the two? Fundamentally American. Triangulated, manipulative centrism? Get thee behind me, Hillary.

VichyDems

 
At 4/17/2006 1:26 PM , Blogger Hawkeye® said...

Thersites2,
Welcome. Always open to other points of view. Nice to know we agree on this one (:D)

 
At 4/18/2006 8:44 AM , Blogger Hawkeye® said...

Kajun,
My parents have been life-long Dems. I grew up in Illinois less than 10 miles from Adlai Stevenson's home. My mom shook hands with John F. Kennedy in 1960 before he got elected. I didn't see the light of conservatism until I lived in Florida for awhile in the 1970s. I read some great books called "Essays on Liberty" (or something like that) that was published by some conservative group back in the 1960s. I've been a Republican Conservative ever since. We've had some heated political discussions in my family since then. Hee-hee.

 
At 4/18/2006 7:58 PM , Blogger Hawkeye® said...

Kajun,
Yikes! And it's only April! What are you goin' to do in July-August??

 
At 4/21/2006 9:36 PM , Blogger Hawkeye® said...

Kajun,
We'd be MOST honored to have you, Sir!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home