Daily Wisdom

February 11, 2006

The Hawk Has Been Grounded


DOWNTOWN, NJ -- With the weather forecast in Downtown, NJ predicting 8"-12" of snow before it all ends, the tower has denied clearance for the Hawk to take off. Although the ground is barely wet here at 3:30 PM, bird watchers are predicting that by flight time there will be so much snow on my wings that I won't get enough lift to become airborne. With any luck I'll be cleared for take off by Monday.

And so the adventure begins! Sorta.

5 Comments:

At 2/11/2006 9:15 PM , Blogger camojack said...

Get those wings de-iced!

 
At 2/11/2006 10:35 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hopefully you have enough food in the house, right? Milk, bread....

I remember those snowy NJ days.... this is supposed to be a pretty big storm. Take care of yourself!

 
At 2/12/2006 7:59 AM , Blogger MargeinMI said...

Darn that Rovian Weather Machine!!! [shaking fist]

 
At 2/12/2006 10:25 AM , Blogger Hawkeye® said...

Camo,
Actually, at flight time there was only about an 1" or so on the ground, but I'm so glad I got to stay home and shovel... yeah, right!

Amy,
Thanks. We'll be just fine. We now have about 12" and it's still snowing. Should be over in a few hours.

Marge,
Of course! I should have known it was all Bush's fault for not signing the Kyoto Protocol back in 1997. Oh, wait... that was Billy boy... nevermind.

 
At 2/12/2006 8:43 PM , Blogger Hawkeye® said...

OLA,
BBC said the protests at Trafalgar Square were peaceful and controlled. Sounds OK to me.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home