Daily Wisdom

October 16, 2005

'View' Reaches New Milestone

DOWNTOWN, NJ -- In a sudden and unexpected manner, the View From Above has reached a new milestone. For the first time since its inception, the View has received more comments in a single day than blogging giant Scrappleface.

"We're really proud of our accomplishment", said Hawkeye®. Mister Eye® is the main writer, reporter, editor, web master (and janitor) at View From Above. "But we couldn't have done it without the help of our dear friend Scott Ott over at Scrappleface. If it wasn't for Scott, we wouldn't be where we are today."

Hawkeye® went on... "In fact, I would have to say unequivocally that Scott Ott has been my hero and mentor. Without his bold imagination, cutting wit, incisive satire and occasional slapstick comedy, the View From Above would have never, well... 'gotten off the ground' (pun intended). To me, Scott will always be 'the Maestro'. My warmest wishes go out to him and to all his devoted fans."

Mr. Ott could not be reached for comment when this posting went to press.

11 Comments:

At 10/16/2005 12:35 PM , Blogger Robert said...

Vicious! Vicious, I say! How dare you!

 
At 10/16/2005 12:41 PM , Blogger Pat's Rick© said...

So, you have finally topped the Maestro. You are to be congratulated, sir - a noteworthy accomplishment. And a new benchmark. Let's see if you get more than three now.

Absolutely superb posting. I am sure Scott would appreciate the irony, however, he is "unavailable for comment" BWHWHWHWH (conserving on vovels today).

 
At 10/16/2005 1:30 PM , Blogger Hawkeye® said...

Possum,
Me thinks you prosteth too much. I noticed your comments were rather up the past few days.

Regards (:D)
Hawkeye®

 
At 10/16/2005 1:33 PM , Blogger Hawkeye® said...

Pat'sRick©,
Like I said, "we couldn't have done it without the help of our dear friend Scott Ott over at Scrappleface."

BTW, I copied Scott on my E-mail. Maybe he'll stop by and get a chuckle.

 
At 10/16/2005 1:37 PM , Blogger Hawkeye® said...

Upnorthlurkin,
Welcome! Glad you could stop by. We're just drying out here after 8 straight days of rain in Downtown, NJ. I just put away my Weapon of Grass (and Mud) Destruction. Hope all is well with you.

Best regards,
Hawkeye®

 
At 10/16/2005 1:48 PM , Blogger Hawkeye® said...

Kajun,
Too late... that's an old joke already. Camo used it over at Possum's Place. Stop by again with some new material, OK?

Best regards (:D)
Hawkeye®

 
At 10/16/2005 2:25 PM , Blogger Hawkeye® said...

Much better Mr. Jun, sir...

And BTW, I think Camojack hit the refresh button about 2,000 times himself just so he could be sure to be the "Eleventeenth" commenter.

Regards (:D)
Hawkeye®

 
At 10/16/2005 2:28 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read the new post on Scrappleface but can't comment.

egcblpa,is what's for breakfast.

 
At 10/16/2005 8:19 PM , Blogger camojack said...

WAS I the "eleventeenth" commenter on that thread? Purely coincidental if so, I assure you...

 
At 10/17/2005 10:51 AM , Blogger Libby Gone™ said...

Congrats, Hawkster!
I get more hits on my blog than non existant blogs!

 
At 10/19/2005 6:47 PM , Blogger Beerme said...

Great job, Mr Eye®!
The eyes have it, now we got to figger out what it is...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home