Daily Wisdom

October 25, 2005

Poll: Majority of Americans Say "Screw Iraqis"

NEW YORK, NY -- According to a Harem Innerelastic poll published in the Wall Street Journal today, more than 50% of Americans believe that freeing 26 million Iraqis from the hands of a ruthless and sadistic dictator was the "wrong thing to do". That number is up a percentage point in last few hours, and the highest since Harem began taking the daily poll one minute after the war began on March 19, 2003.

The poll also found that "mass graves are acceptable" to 47% of Americans if they are NIMBY (Not In My Backyard). This number is up from only 45% in the most recent survey.

"What this suggests", said a spokesperson for Harem Innerelastic, "is that Americans may be finally getting tired of the depressing negativism being spewed forth from the generally liberal-biased new media outlets in this country."

In a final question asked during the polling, Americans said they would prefer to "screw the Iraqis" than to listen to another leftwing monologue by an anchorperson at CBS, NBC, ABC, CNN, or MSNBC.

The poll was taken via telephone using 1832 random numbers in all seven blue states. The poll has a margin of error of plus or minus 15% (corresponding to the number of Republicans that hung up when the poll interviewer introduced themselves as 'a Democratic fundraiser').

15 Comments:

At 10/25/2005 4:26 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

When Howlin' Dean the Scream wants to make hay out of 2000 deaths to divert attention from the remarkable numbers approving the Iraqi constitution, one can only conclude that he was dialing for dollars with that skewed poll.

 
At 10/25/2005 4:28 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Or should I have called it a screwed poll?

 
At 10/25/2005 8:30 PM , Blogger Beerme said...

I was one of the fifteen percent!

 
At 10/26/2005 1:06 AM , Blogger camojack said...

God bless caller ID!

 
At 10/26/2005 10:04 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Morning...just checking in :>)

 
At 10/26/2005 11:32 AM , Blogger Hawkeye® said...

Hello everybody,

Thanks for stopping by.

Regards, Hawkeye®

 
At 10/26/2005 3:19 PM , Blogger RAM said...

camo: caller ID doesn't always work. I just got a call from the RNC wanting another contribution and it said "unknown". I tried to be nice and tell her I would contribute again when something was done about the situation on the border. She asked if I could give a smaller amount. This went on for a LONG time, with me bringing up out of control spending, not being contacted back when I called my Representatives or Senators (Republican), and she said that is why we need to get more Republicans elected. Huh?????????????? I finally told her NO!!! and hung up. Then again, maybe she was from the DNC trying to make me believe our party is as inane as them? I don't know what to believe anymore.

 
At 10/26/2005 8:33 PM , Blogger Libby Gone™ said...

Deja View from above?

 
At 10/27/2005 1:19 AM , Blogger camojack said...

RAM
If it comes up "Unknown" on Caller ID, that's all I need to know; I don't answer those.

Before the advent of Caller ID, it was always an unknown, until you answered it...

 
At 10/27/2005 9:24 AM , Blogger Libby Gone™ said...

Camo,
Thanks for using Caller ID.
Every customer is valued at Big Evil Telcom. They announced today we are changing our name again. Now its going to be Big Evil American Telco and Telegraph,again!
does Some Body Care?
no longer.

 
At 10/29/2005 11:45 PM , Blogger Marc with a "c" said...

My vote: Mass graves are great, when filled with the bodies of former dictators. Lord knows we'd have enough to fill them.

 
At 10/30/2005 5:45 AM , Blogger RAM said...

I STILL cannot post at ScrappleFace. Maybe I am dead and this is a dream?

 
At 10/30/2005 7:54 AM , Blogger Hawkeye® said...

Hey Marc,

Good to hear from ya! I guess you've been busy. Hope all is well.

Hawkeye®

 
At 10/30/2005 8:00 AM , Blogger Hawkeye® said...

Kajun,
I'm not sure about that. I've noticed that when I fist visit the View From Above page, the clock jumps from 12:00 (I think) to whatever the correct time is at the moment. Good eyes though!

Hawkeye®

 
At 10/30/2005 8:07 AM , Blogger Hawkeye® said...

RAM
(In my best Rod Serling voice):

You're traveling down a road... a road not bounded by time or space. This is the world of the imagination. This is the world of ScrappleFace.

♪ ♪ ♪ Dooh-dooh, dooh-dooh ♪ ♪ ♪

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home